Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Is my idea to move to China and live in the mountains a viable solution to life's problems


Is my idea to move to China and live in the mountains a viable solution to life's problems?
I love Asians, love cold mountains, &c. I want to live like the movie "The Road Home" with Ziyi Zhang, in a cold little hut and marry a warm little Chinese lady, and have lots of babies, and go hiking, and chop wood. I'm an atheist so I'd fit right in, right? I'm not a f'ing commie though. How much cash do I need to start and invest in business to survive there. Is Tibet like China? Or Mongolia?
China - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yep honey run away to a civilisation you have no idea about (presuming you dont) that will always work running away.
2 :
No, I'm afraid it's no solution because wherever you go, there you are! You take life's problems with you my friend. However, it might be a nice change! :-)
3 :
Foreign places always appeal to us- because we think there can't be problems, because it's not here, where we have problems.
4 :
Bob Marley said it best......"but you can't run away ......from yourself"
5 :
The answer to your question is NO. I searched for many years for a peaceful place to live. Like you, I also was inspired by a movie. Jeremiah Johnson. It stared Robert Redford who left civilization to live in the wilds of Alaska. I learned a very important lesson on my to Alaska, that it's not where your going that's important, but the experience in the journey. On that long trek to the great state of Alaska I learned that the peace and solace I was seeking from the world could not be found within her. That true peace and strength to overcome life's problems comes from deep within oneself. Once you have that, the world is yours for the taking. Know thyself, and be at peace. Search the deep recesses of your heart. But be aware that the heart can be the most deceitful above all things. Treat yourself good, for only you can be your own best friend. Life is an illusion, what really matters is how you perceive it. If you believe that which you can only touch, smell, taste and hear, your truly lost and in need of direction and purpose. Please take time to read the quotes in the link I provided below. Peace be with you . P.S. China is a great place to live when your ready.
6 :
Hmmm...Well, first I also love that movie, it was beautiful and moving, and the more I think about it, the more I wish I could run back to China, in Ziyi's arms... :) I don't know if your idea is crazy or not, most people will think so, myself included, but the same idea crossed my mind many times, except in my case I spent the past 25 years in the Arctic (chasing a dream not much different than yours...) so the prospect of a cold hut in the mountain is far less attractive than a beach hut in Hainan. Wernerslave says it all in his answer to your question. The journey, which takes place in your mind as much as around you, is more important than the destination. But in the end, all I would say is: GO FOR IT, if this is your dream, try to realize it...it is better to fail trying to realize a dream than to realize 20 years later, much too late, that you should have tried. However, moving to China will require a bit more planning, efforts and creativity than moving to the Catskills, especially if you are thinking about starting a business of some sort there... The best of luck, keep us posted!
7 :
I did it, I have lived on the south east coast of China for nearly 2 years now, I love it, Give it a try,
8 :
I agree with the last two people. Go for it! Why? Because in 1 hour, 5 people told you not to go. That's the best reason I've ever seen for doing something. What do you think John Loggie Baird's friends said when he told them he wanted to invent a way to transmit moving pictures through the air? They probably said - "it can't be done" "Life's not about dreaming John, get a real job!" Only 80 years later almost all people in Europe/America own TVs. Even in India 80million households own TVs! Life's not about dreaming huh?!
9 :
Yeah go for it ....send me a postcard.






Read more discussions :