Monday, December 7, 2009

I know i can buy things & live in china for cheap. How much purchasing power does the $ have in South Korea


I know i can buy things & live in china for cheap. How much purchasing power does the $ have in South Korea?
Also how much would something like rent be per month? I am considering working/living there and want to get a good sense of how far my current salary would take me. Also how much would something like rent be per month for a good apartment in Seoul? I am considering working/living there and want to get a good sense of how far my current salary would take me so the more information the better!
Korea - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Being generous, $1= 1,000 won. You can get a cute cell phone charm, an Asian can of coke, or about three bus rides for 1,000 won.
2 :
Korea isn't much if any cheaper then the US. I would say that it's about equal give and take on a few things. Food is less expensive as long as your eating traditional korean food. I spend about 1,200,000 won a month and thats watching my budget. Local beer is about 3,000 won ( a little under 3 USD) at the bar, Soju is much cheaper. You can eat a good meal for 6,000 won (about 5 USD). If you watch your food budget you can get by on 10,000 Won a day. I found its cheaper to eat out everyday, buying food from the grocery store can get pricey. Cosco in Seoul had some good prices on American Brand food. My job pays for my apartment here in Suwon, just south of Seoul. I think its about 250,000 won for my place, it's a small 2 bedroom. It will be a little more expensive in Seoul. I bet you could get a good apartment for under 350,000-400,000 won. Right now one $ is about 1,250 won.








Read more discussions :