Saturday, December 1, 2012

Can I live in China or Japan if I only speak spanish and english


Can I live in China or Japan if I only speak spanish and english?
I want to be a corporate lawyer and those countries have massive corporation so could I go live over there without knowing their language?
Other - Cultures & Groups - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well, you could probably travel to those countries without speaking the language, but if you want to do something like practice law, not just representinganother country but practicing IN another country, then I think you'd need to know the language in order to get around in business. There are some laces in China where they do speak a lot of English, like Hong Kong, and English is fairly common throughout China and Japan, but if you're thinking of making a long-term career decision, I'd have to say I think ignorance of the language would be a bad idea.
2 :
I don't understand how you could be a corporate lawyer without knowing the language of the country you would be practicing in. You would have to meet the requirements to practice law and the tests are given in the country's language. If you are a lawyer for a corporation that has business abroad, then possibly there might be chances to go abroad but I doubt they'd hire someone to do transactions in a language they don't understand, especially when dealing with laws peculiar to a country.






Read more discussions :