Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Atheists do you prefer to live in Western nations with Christian majorities or would you rather live in China


Atheists do you prefer to live in Western nations with Christian majorities or would you rather live in China?
Or Scandanavia where more people are atheists.
Religion & Spirituality - 20 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
WITH CHRISTIANS....CHOOSE JESUS...
2 :
inner mongolia, actually. the less people the better.
3 :
I'm good living in America. There is more to life than just believing or not believing in any gods.
4 :
Scandinavia might be nice. I don't know, maybe China would be ok. At least they admit you're not free - here in the UK our government pretends we are and takes away our freedoms one by one.# Isn't it about time somebody blew up the houses of parliament?
5 :
All atheists should go and live in atheist North Korea.
6 :
as long as the laws are secular ,i like the uk
7 :
Scandinavia is too cold. I will stay where I am in the bible belt of my secular country and keep trying to make things better from here.
8 :
Hmmm... China actually isn't as bad as so many people say it is, so sure. I actually want to live in Japan, though.
9 :
I live in what is considered a western nation but has majority of atheist. I am good where I am
10 :
I'm perfectly content in a Christian based culture, but i just like it in America. No matter where I live, I would imagine that there will be people with different beliefs, but to each their own. I respect others religions, as long as they will respect my opinion as well. But to answer your question more directly, i think it would suck to live in China.
11 :
Atheism in America is increasing, and religious influence is dying. You can see how often Christians scream when they lose some of their influence, or when they even feel threatened.
12 :
SEND THE PINKO COMMIES TO CHINA! GYAAAAAHHHHHH!
13 :
I'm with the Red Shoe. There's way more to life than religion (or lack thereof).
14 :
I've made my choice through my actions. I'm here in the states.
15 :
I prefer to live in the U.S. because I was born and raised here. Religion isn't relevant. This country is large enough that both the religious and the non-religious can easily find their niches. That's one of the good things about it. However, if Christian fundamentalists and evangelicals ever engineered a way to take over the government and tried to impose their beliefs and lifestyles on me, My husband (who is Jewish) and I would leave. We have lived in a western European nation before; we could do it again.
16 :
rat chere
17 :
The place where I grew up, was 100% christian, and I survived it I have worked behind the Iron curtain, and survived it. ...But the more secular the country, the more comfortable I would feel. I know christians who also state that outside the UK, the more secular the country, the safer they feel. America included.
18 :
Thank you, but I'm quite happy living in the US where, despite the "Christian majority," the US Constitution keeps us secular and protects my rights not to have to conform to anyone else's religious beliefs. I wonder if you'll turn the question around now, and ask theists if they would prefer to live in secular countries like the US or would they rather live in theocracies like Iran or Saudi Arabia.
19 :
Oh come on!! Forget the silly claims for christians and look at reality!! The churches own figures show only 28% ever attend church in a year. Indeed if 28% ever tried to attend church on the same day, even working shifts, there is simply not enough churches!! But count the bars - in many places there is more space In the bars than the churches!! Count all the seats in every church in a town and compare that to the population and it is very unlikely to achieve even 5%!!!
20 :
Umm... You know that Scandinavia is part of the West, right?






Read more discussions :