Sunday, May 1, 2011

Getting into Accounting when you have lived China


Getting into Accounting when you have lived China?
I have lived in Beijing for a number of years. I'm planning to go back to school and find a job in accounting in Houston. How difficult will it be for me to find a job, and how should I go about finding a job. I'm pretty nervous since I haven't lived in the States for a long time. I'm moving back because I'm getting married and cannot afford a family in Beijing. Its way to expensive.
Other - Business & Finance - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
try this site (i've used it): http://sitefinance3.notlong.com/3AAAhhT
2 :
Well besides the relatively minor differences between IASB (International accounting standards) and the US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), there isn't a whole lot to worry about. I don't really know your level of experience in accounting, but if that's what you've been doing in Beijing, I'm sure you'll be caught up in no time. Accounting is an education-intensive study. It requires a Bachelor's degree or higher, large amounts of experience, and a CPA. If you've have 2 of those you should be ok.






Read more discussions :