Monday, August 1, 2011

I want to give a gift of gold nuggets(approximatley 2 oz's. to my wifes family who live in china from the US


I want to give a gift of gold nuggets(approximatley 2 oz's. to my wifes family who live in china from the US.?
I have married a girl from China. I want to give her family a gift. I don't have much money so I would like to give them gold nuggets. I am flying to meet her family and would like to just bring 2 oz's of raw gold nuggets to give to them, is this legal with customs?
China - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
your question is very interesting, i'm sure her parents would be very happy to see that , if it's big enough :D
2 :
"Answer: According to the regulations, if gold, silver and the products made from them are less than 50g (2 ounce), they are duty-free and do not need to be declared. If the weight exceeds the limitation, you should declare it." I.e if the nuggets weight more than 50 g then you have to declare it and pay duty.
3 :
buy a gold necklace from US and buy some chicken nuggets when u arrive in china. gold necklace in US is cheaper and beautifuler.
4 :
sell gold nuggest and -- voila-- you have money to give as the gift... cos local people value yuan more than yellow metal... .






Read more discussions :