Thursday, January 1, 2009

Can a permanent resident of U.S be allowed to live in China permanently


Can a permanent resident of U.S be allowed to live in China permanently?
I am intending to travel to China and live there permanently. So I would like to know whether or not I would be allowed to do that. I have heard that if do not return to U.S within 1 to 2 years and have intended to live China permanently, I would not gain a readmission to the United states. Is it true? If it is true, then I do not think that I would have any problems settling in China for the rest of my life.
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Not really sure but why would you want to leave The US to live in China permanently. You have a lot more rights and freedoms in the US and living conditions are MUCH better for the average person.
2 :
you can live in China but you WILL LOSE the PR status for USA.
3 :
If it's your intent to live in China permanently you will lose your permanent resident status as soon as you leave. The law allows you to stay outside the USA for up to 1 year without a reentry permit and up to 2 years with one. However, your intent is also part of the equation. You've stated your intent is to live in China permanently so you will not even be allowed 1 or 2 years. As soon as the plane takes off and goes "wheels in the well" you're finished in the USA.