Friday, January 1, 2010

What poisonous spiders live in China


What poisonous spiders live in China?
I just moved to Beijing and I go hiking a lot. I see gigantic spiders everywhere, and I'm wondering what real danger they pose.
Biology - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
2 points 4 me!
2 :
There are very few dangerously poisonous spiders anywhere in the world. Except for the small family Uloboridae, all spiders have venom. In most of them this venom has no effect or very little on a vertebrate animal, being adapted to affect insects. The black widow genus, Latrodectus, is essentially worldwide, and presumably occurs in China. This is one of the most poisonous of spiders, but the death rate from its bite is very low, about 3-4% of reported bites. The really big spiders you see are almost certainly either completely harmless or at least no worse than a bee sting.






Read more discussions :