Monday, September 7, 2009

I am from Guatemala and I am married to chinese woman, can I get permit to live in China


I am from Guatemala and I am married to chinese woman, can I get permit to live in China?
I married last August in China and I have a new valid tourist Visa L and I like to travel to China and take residence there (Guangxi Province) were my wife is living. She has a small Business, so I do not need any work Visa. I want to know, as I have the right to obtain a residence permit which allows me to live in China for indefinite time with my wife. Can I travel to China and apply for the permit in the country? Thanks for any answer Enrique
China - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
if you married in China you will apply for special residence permit as a family member... that's L-visa too... as far as i know you'll have to renew it regularly...
2 :
The blonde avatar "Elena S" is correct. You need a tourism "L" visa for the purpose of visiting your family member (wife). An "L" visa issued by your nearest Chinese consulate will have a 30 to 60 day stay duration. However, you may renew it for 6 months twice once inside of China. If you wish to apply for Chinese permanent residency, then that is a more complex issue. Consult the Chinese government website for details.
3 :
A L-visa is just a temporary short term soulition to your problem. What the others failed to mention is that you can apply for a so-called "Chinese green card as well" One of the conditions required for getting a "Chinese green card" is IV. Have come to China to be with your family, such as spouse, dependent minors or senior citizens. If you apply for it and get it, it is in effect a 10 year muti-entry visa. More details can be found at http://www.china.org.cn/english/LivinginChina/184128.htm The only way only can get a residence permit which allows me to live in China for indefinite time is to apply for Chinese citizenship, however such a process will make your one citizenship invalid in the eyes of Chinese law and you become full subject of Chinese law. Other than that you will have to renew your old visa towards the time it it due to run out. As for travelling to China on a L visa and applying in China yes you can. But you can always email, write, phone your nearest Chinese embassy and ask for a more defined answer.
4 :
my twin sister and her client both provide misleading information... you can always seek "Chinese green card"...
5 :
You need to get married at least for 5 years, and live in China more than 5 years, then you can go to the Exit and Entry Administration Ministry of Public Security or the local China Police Station to apply the Green Card, you need to have some paper work like your criminal record. You better to go to the Exit and Entry Administration Ministry of Public Security or the local China Police to ask for the detail, different province might have different policy, but the above is the basic.
6 :
Have your wife sponsored you and make the application with respective govt agency. Good luck!







Read more discussions :