Saturday, October 1, 2011

Where is a good place for expats to live in Foshan, China


Where is a good place for expats to live in Foshan, China?
I am moving to Foshan for work soon, but not too familiar with the area and don't know where the best place for an American expat to live. I'd like to be in a area where there are some things going on (restaurants, stores, nightlife, etc.) if that is possible. Any suggestions appreciated!
China - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
www.foshan.gov.cn
2 :
I go there often on business. I live in Shanghai for over 7 years now. I have to tell you that Foshan is pretty remote by many expat standards. The closest city is Dongguan. It was once a city that hardly had paved roads. They now have a bentley dealership and a Cartier jewelry shop among other things. Still it is not a great expat posting. Your choices for real cities would be shenzhen or guangzhou. You will be spending alot of time driving in either case. Good luck. Enjoy Foshan. Look me up if you are in shanghai. safe travels.






Read more discussions :